Here is an easy step by step process to installing our soft close chrome baskets.
1. After unpacking the kitchen baskets from the box you’ll find the chrome basket,
two soft close runners, screws and plastic clasps which are provided so you
can make a larder unit out of these baskets rather than buying a larder unit
2. The first thing you’ll need to do, if installing at the bottom of a cupboard, is
measure for clearance. This means measuring from the top of the runner to the
bottom of the basket which we’ve done for you here! It measures 7cm so, with
clearance of 1cm, we will need 8cm when installing it in the carcass.
Note: The doors on this carcass have not been installed yet so there is no need to
worry about clearing the hinges here but you may need to with your carcass and
door so keep this in mind as the basket will clear nearly all hinges but the runners
3. Clip in the runners and position the basket in the drawer to where you want to
place it making sure the runners are clipped in at the same point on each side:
Measure from the front of the drawer to the start of the runner – it was 13cm
here because the baskets were being set back further into the cabinet but you
may want to set them closer to the door:
5. Take the basket out of cupboard.
6. Mark the position for the top of the runner including the 1cm clearance (8cm):
7. Using a level mark a line along the top mark to indicate where the top of runner
should go and do the same to mark the front of the runner:
8. Line up the runner and mark your pilot holes:
9. You can use a piece of insulation tape on your drill bit as a depth gauge so you
don’t drill through the carcass when drilling the pilot holes:
10. Drill the pilot holes and screw in both of the runners:
11. Clip the basket into the four clasps and your soft close chrome kitchen basket
is ready to use!
Do for each and all thats left to do is start storing your goods!