Online Privacy Statement
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, kitchenfittingsdirect.com, will collect and use your personal data for.
What information we collect
You can access this website and browse our online catalogue without disclosing personal information to us. We will only collect personal information about you during your use of our website to fulfil your online request(s) to kitchenfittingsdirect.com, to receive news and special offers, or by way of your emailing us with your comments and suggestions. The elements of personal data that we may collect include:
- First name and surname
- Company/Business name
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Mobile number
Why does kitchenfittingsdirect.com need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you an online shopping service we need to collect personal data for sales and shipping reasons. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes kitchenfittingsdirect.com would contact you for additional consent.
Who kitchenfittingsdirect.com shares your information with?
- www.reviews.co.uk – We use this company to facilitate online reviews of the services provided by kitchenfittingsdirect.com. This way you can hold us accountable for your customer experience. 14 days after original purchase, you will receive a review prompt. If you choose to leave a review of our service, you can choose to remain completely anonymous. Reviews.co.uk come into possession of your name and email address which they delete after 30 days. If you choose for your information to not pass to reviews.co.uk, then we do not procees your details. Your review of kitchenfittingsdirect.com is not published without your explicit consent and you may choose to remain anonymous. See reviews.co.uk full GDPR policy.
- Paypal and Stripe – We use these companies to facilitate our online purchasing services.
All third parties that we share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only for above specified purposes. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with the procedures of kitchenfittingsdirect.com. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
Credit Card Details
We do not have any access to your credit card details. We use Paypal and Stripe to process all credit card payments and when you make a payment to kitchenfittingsdirect.com, you are transferred to the Paypal or Stripe sites where you can complete your purchase in a secure environment without revealing your credit card number or financial information to kitchenfittingsdirect.com.
We use 'cookies' in order to recognise you when you come back to our website. This helps us to improve the content of our website and provide services that are tailored to your user experience. Cookies are small text files that are stored by your browser on your hard drive, retaining information about you and enabling our website to recognise you on repeat visits. The cookies cannot be used by themselves to identify you personally. If you do not want a cookie to be stored in your computer, the Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to erase cookies from your computer's hard drive or how to block cookies or to receive a warning before a cookie is stored. You are therefore welcome to use such facilities to prevent the installation of any cookie.
How will kitchenfittingsdirect.com use the personal data it collects about me?
kitchenfittingsdirect.com will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavor to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. kitchenfittingsdirect.com is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties except with your permission or as required by law (for example by a search warrant, subpoena or other legal process). We may use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage in order to help us develop the website and our service and may provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual. kitchenfittingsdirect.com may also in future use a data services company to analyse data on our behalf, so that we can provide you with more targeted and bespoke communications. We will only use such companies if they are registered under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and provided that their procedures for ensuring the privacy of your personal information are at least as rigorous as our own.
Under what circumstances will kitchenfittingsdirect.com contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Your kitchenfittingsdirect.com personal profile are password-protected so that you and only you can access this information. You may edit your personal profile information at any time by clicking on My Account on the home page navigation bar.
We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. kitchenfittingsdirect.com will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited e-mail. Also remember to close your browser window when you have finished your work. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal or business information if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place.
In the event that you forget your password, or have any other problems accessing the site, please contact us at +353 (0)1 864 5210.
If at any time, you wish to have your information removed from our active databases, please send an e-mail entitled "REMOVE FROM DATABASE" to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will take steps to ensure that the information is deleted as soon as reasonably practicable.
The security of your personal information is important to kitchenfittingsdirect.com. We have implemented measures designed to protect the personal information under our control (including security measures to protect our user database) from unauthorised access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction and accidental loss.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
kitchenfittingsdirect.com at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If kitchenfittingsdirect.com does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of kitchenfittingsdirect.com or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
kitchenfittingsdirect.com accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: Passport, Driving Licence, Birth Certificate.